2 - 3 Year Old Nursery
At Bewdley Primary School we have a vibrant and flourishing Nursery for children aged 2 to 4, term time only.
We offer places for children from the term after their 2nd birthday using 2 year-old funding, or paid sessions.
We absolutely acknowledge the wonderfulness of our 2 year olds! At this very early stage the children are taking early steps in becoming social, communicative beings and we spend a great deal of time supporting them to talk, listen, negotiate and compromise with other children of the same age. We nurture and treasure them, giving them time and space to express their feelings and ideas, explore, make mess, imagine, create and laugh!
Sessions available for our youngest children are as follows:
- Tuesday: Morning session 9.00am – 12.00 midday: Afternoon session 12.00 midday – 3pm
- Wednesday: Morning session 9.00am – 12.00 midday: Afternoon session 12.00 midday – 3pm
- Thursday: Morning session 9.00am – 12.00
In addition, children in the 2-3 year-old nursery are able to start Nursery at 8.30am for either an extra charge or using 2 year old funding. This early morning session must be booked on a half termly basis.
Children who are eligible for 2 year-old funding will be offered up to 5 sessions. However, it is up to you whether you wish to take up all these sessions. Some parents prefer to start with a smaller number of sessions and increase this each term. We are happy to do this as long as we have availability.
Admissions Policy for 2 – 3 Year-old Nursery
If we have more children interested in places than we are able to provide places for, children are admitted in the following order;
- ‘Looked after’ and previously ‘Looked after’ children.
- Children eligible for 2 year old funding who live in catchment and will have siblings at the school when they start Reception.
- Children eligible for 2 year old funding who live in catchment.
- Children who live in the catchment and will have siblings at the school when they start Reception.
- Children who live in catchment.
- Children of staff at Bewdley Primary School, where that member of staff has been employed for two or more years, and/or is recruited to fill a post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children eligible for 2 year old funding who live outside the catchment.
- Children who live outside the catchment.
Working together to support your child
Tapestry – Online Learning Journey
Working in partnership with you is extremely important to us. To help us all share information about your child’s learning and development, we use an online Learning Journey called Tapestry. Through Tapestry we will send you photographs and comments about your child at nursery, the ways in which they learn, and their social and emotional development. We hope that you will upload photographs and comments to keep us up to date with all your child’s achievements at home. We love seeing what they’ve been up to!
Reading with your child is one of the most important things you can do to help support their development. Below is a link to some great books which are available at the library or in bookshops.
There is also a link to an easy-to-read guide called “What to expect when”. This is a guide to the Early Years Foundation Stage which is the curriculum followed by Early Years providers.
Home learning activities
There are lots of ways you can support your child’s learning and development at home. Click on the link below for ideas about learning through play.